Monday, April 18, 2011 - By Emma - No comments
Last week over 5,000 planners, citizens and officials attended the American Planning Association's National Planning Conference in Boston. The conference featured a variety of workshops and presentations, including one featuring SeeClickFix and our CEO Ben Berkowitz.
|The SeeClickFix Facebook app is an example of new technologies that connect citizens with urban planners to shape and improve communities.|
"What's Next in Urban Planning Technology" was a collaborative presentation between SeeClickFix, Crystal Wilson from PlaceVision and Chris Haller from Urban Interactive Studio and EngagingCities. Attendees learned how new technologies, such as mobile polling and Facebook apps, are being used to promote citizen engagement, empowerment and communication. The presentation showcased how innovations in technology can be used not only to engage citizens and make urban planning easier, but how they can make planning fun!
The presentation was enlightening and informative to both attendees and presenters! Ben tweeted some of what he learned while presenting shortly after the session wrapped.
Thank you to Crystal, Chris, and all who attended #APA2011!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- The New Neighborhood Watch
- Community Activism With the Click of a Mouse
- Priority Potholes
- A welcome to Jason Sznol
- SeeClickFix Releases Android 2.0 App
- A Latte Love Brewing in Philadelphia
- A Call to Action
- What would you do?
- Using SeeClickFix to Fight Crime
- An Internship to Remember
- Tucson How To
- Addressing Concerns With One Click
- La Plata County goes Pro!
- On the Street With BrocktonBeat
- You're What's Next
- Food Desert Fix
- One of Our Favorite Things
- Today's Lesson: Civic Engagement
- Helping San Francisco Fight Blight
- Tell your issue "Say Cheese!"
- The Age of Transparency
- They Should Fix That!
- SeeClickFix 101
- Pitch It to Win it
- Lansing Locals are SeeClickFixin'!
- Griping with Traffic Lights
- The Boston Tree Party
- Redefine The Good Life
- Many thanks @you!
- Bikes and Gripes
- "Social Citizens" get their fix!
- SeeClickFix Announces Launch of Innovative New Fac...
- How to Help Improve Our Champigny
- How do you say "pothole" in...?
- SCF in ATL
- Planting Seeds of Change
- Server Issues Resolved
- Server Issues
- NH Register Launches 'Gripe of the Day'
- Happening in Your Hood
- A Model SideClick in Jurica
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)