We are currently experiencing server issues.
Thursday, April 28, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
(Guest post by Ed Arboleda)
Our involvement in communities is one way of answering the challenge of what we can do our country. Reporting of issues that affect our local communities, the organizing of groups and events, and generally being a steward of our local communities can positively affect the community as a whole. The question of how to even get involved--and finding time to do so--has been traditionally challenging.
Hyperlocal websites like SeeClickFix.com have enabled efficient community involvement through their technologies. They have opened new communication channels to local government officials and to the community. Ease of use, anonymity (when needed), and 24x7 posting availability are just some of the advantages of using hyperlocal websites to report local community issues or events. Posting of issues and events in real time--and making it available for the public to view, comment, and organize--changes the dynamics of how we interact within our communities. The days of mailing letters to your local representatives and organizing events via flyers are limited.
Hyperlocal websites and the technologies they utilize enable us to become more active in our community with the click of a mouse. The outstanding question around hyperlocal websites remains: is it enough for us to become involved in our communities? Please take a minute to address this question in the following survey on hyperlocal websites and community involvement!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- The New Neighborhood Watch
- Community Activism With the Click of a Mouse
- Priority Potholes
- A welcome to Jason Sznol
- SeeClickFix Releases Android 2.0 App
- A Latte Love Brewing in Philadelphia
- A Call to Action
- What would you do?
- Using SeeClickFix to Fight Crime
- An Internship to Remember
- Tucson How To
- Addressing Concerns With One Click
- La Plata County goes Pro!
- On the Street With BrocktonBeat
- You're What's Next
- Food Desert Fix
- One of Our Favorite Things
- Today's Lesson: Civic Engagement
- Helping San Francisco Fight Blight
- Tell your issue "Say Cheese!"
- The Age of Transparency
- They Should Fix That!
- SeeClickFix 101
- Pitch It to Win it
- Lansing Locals are SeeClickFixin'!
- Griping with Traffic Lights
- The Boston Tree Party
- Redefine The Good Life
- Many thanks @you!
- Bikes and Gripes
- "Social Citizens" get their fix!
- SeeClickFix Announces Launch of Innovative New Fac...
- How to Help Improve Our Champigny
- How do you say "pothole" in...?
- SCF in ATL
- Planting Seeds of Change
- Server Issues Resolved
- Server Issues
- NH Register Launches 'Gripe of the Day'
- Happening in Your Hood
- A Model SideClick in Jurica
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)