We are currently experiencing server issues.
Friday, April 22, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
With the help of social media, police officers have been exploring new ways to serve and protect their citizens according to The Next Web. The tech-focused blog detailed how social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter allow for instantaneous communication and information sharing on a large scale. Utilizing these outlets, police departments encourage greater interaction and dialogue between the people they serve and themselves--an idea that SeeClickFix can proudly stand behind.
Perhaps the most interesting change, however, ties directly into police investigations. Based in New Haven, SeeClickFix recently witnessed firsthand how its online tool can actually aid local police units as they challenge crime in their communities.
Reported 12 days ago, Issue #94124-Prostitution involved the presence of prostitutes on Chapel Street between Norton and Winthrop. With their 'Gripe of the Day' feature, the New Haven Register decided to look into the problem and spoke with the police department on April 11th. Lt. Ray Hassett told the newspaper they would look into it---and they sure did. Just three days later, the New Haven Register reported that nine individuals were charged with prostitution after the police department conducted its recent sting operation.
This issue not only demonstrates the ability of SeeClickFix to keep communities safe and crime-free. It also shows the power of collaboration. When local governments, media organizations, and citizens work together, everybody wins.
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- The New Neighborhood Watch
- Community Activism With the Click of a Mouse
- Priority Potholes
- A welcome to Jason Sznol
- SeeClickFix Releases Android 2.0 App
- A Latte Love Brewing in Philadelphia
- A Call to Action
- What would you do?
- Using SeeClickFix to Fight Crime
- An Internship to Remember
- Tucson How To
- Addressing Concerns With One Click
- La Plata County goes Pro!
- On the Street With BrocktonBeat
- You're What's Next
- Food Desert Fix
- One of Our Favorite Things
- Today's Lesson: Civic Engagement
- Helping San Francisco Fight Blight
- Tell your issue "Say Cheese!"
- The Age of Transparency
- They Should Fix That!
- SeeClickFix 101
- Pitch It to Win it
- Lansing Locals are SeeClickFixin'!
- Griping with Traffic Lights
- The Boston Tree Party
- Redefine The Good Life
- Many thanks @you!
- Bikes and Gripes
- "Social Citizens" get their fix!
- SeeClickFix Announces Launch of Innovative New Fac...
- How to Help Improve Our Champigny
- How do you say "pothole" in...?
- SCF in ATL
- Planting Seeds of Change
- Server Issues Resolved
- Server Issues
- NH Register Launches 'Gripe of the Day'
- Happening in Your Hood
- A Model SideClick in Jurica
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)