We are currently experiencing server issues.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
Like many media outlets before it, the News-Herald has started investigating issues reported on SeeClickFix with its newly-launched 'Today's Gripe' feature.
Reported five days ago, Issue #93702- Red lights for no traffic dealt with the unnecessary use of traffic lights near the Northshore Mall. An anonymous local resident explained that this traffic light doesn't need to run all night and should default to flash yellow during off-hours.
Is it really necessary to have the Northshore Mall light running all night? Stopping traffic at 5:00 am for the mall with no cars waiting to get out wastes gas and serves east and west bound traffic on Lakeshore no purpose. Having it on yellow flash during off hours at the mall like it used to would be great.
Thanks to the Ohio-based newspaper, this issue may soon be resolved. According to Willowick traffic technician Rick Pugh, city traffic lights are currently operating under their regular schedule. The entire city will get new traffic lights, but they have yet to be fully installed. With completion set for late summer, traffic signals will be adjusted to the flow of traffic, sensors, and timers--just as they worked in the past.
We're doing a traffic revamping. As they do that, when they put up the lights in the city, they haven't cut the loops in yet. So until they're done, they'll just continue cycling.
A big SeeClickFix thanks to the News-Herald for raising awareness about community issues and helping its citizens see results. To report an issue in Willowick or learn more about 'Today's Gripe,' click here.
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- The New Neighborhood Watch
- Community Activism With the Click of a Mouse
- Priority Potholes
- A welcome to Jason Sznol
- SeeClickFix Releases Android 2.0 App
- A Latte Love Brewing in Philadelphia
- A Call to Action
- What would you do?
- Using SeeClickFix to Fight Crime
- An Internship to Remember
- Tucson How To
- Addressing Concerns With One Click
- La Plata County goes Pro!
- On the Street With BrocktonBeat
- You're What's Next
- Food Desert Fix
- One of Our Favorite Things
- Today's Lesson: Civic Engagement
- Helping San Francisco Fight Blight
- Tell your issue "Say Cheese!"
- The Age of Transparency
- They Should Fix That!
- SeeClickFix 101
- Pitch It to Win it
- Lansing Locals are SeeClickFixin'!
- Griping with Traffic Lights
- The Boston Tree Party
- Redefine The Good Life
- Many thanks @you!
- Bikes and Gripes
- "Social Citizens" get their fix!
- SeeClickFix Announces Launch of Innovative New Fac...
- How to Help Improve Our Champigny
- How do you say "pothole" in...?
- SCF in ATL
- Planting Seeds of Change
- Server Issues Resolved
- Server Issues
- NH Register Launches 'Gripe of the Day'
- Happening in Your Hood
- A Model SideClick in Jurica
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)