We are currently experiencing server issues.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
(Photo of cracked sidewalk courtesy of SouthWestRaleigh.com)
A friend of SeeClickFix and SouthWestRaleigh.com contributor, City Councilor Bonner Gaylord recently blogged about how our website helps Raleigh citizens report and track community issues with ease.
Oftentimes, people do not know who to contact about community problems, how the fixing process works, and so on. These 'seeds of doubt,' as Gaylord calls them, may create unnecessary confusion and prompt individuals to just live with problems instead of reporting them.
Did you expend the energy to start down a mental road thinking, "OK, it's not a federal issue, maybe I could call NC DOT? Or should I call Wake County? No, this is probably the city government. Yep, that's it....I think."
Councilor Gaylord, however, says people no longer have to travel down that road.
There is now a new road that you can take. It's called SeeClickFix and it answers or renders moot all of the issues above [...] You don't have to find the right person. You don't have to wait until that person is at their desk. You don't have to worry about how clearly your message was received. You don't have to worry if you will be forgotten and you don't have to worry about accountability. You report it, and your government has made a commitment to openly respond, follow up, and be held accountable.
The SeeClickFix team would not only like to thank Councilor Gaylord for this fantastic post, but for also serving as a model public servant, one who understands how technology works to foster open communication between citizens and their governments.
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- The New Neighborhood Watch
- Community Activism With the Click of a Mouse
- Priority Potholes
- A welcome to Jason Sznol
- SeeClickFix Releases Android 2.0 App
- A Latte Love Brewing in Philadelphia
- A Call to Action
- What would you do?
- Using SeeClickFix to Fight Crime
- An Internship to Remember
- Tucson How To
- Addressing Concerns With One Click
- La Plata County goes Pro!
- On the Street With BrocktonBeat
- You're What's Next
- Food Desert Fix
- One of Our Favorite Things
- Today's Lesson: Civic Engagement
- Helping San Francisco Fight Blight
- Tell your issue "Say Cheese!"
- The Age of Transparency
- They Should Fix That!
- SeeClickFix 101
- Pitch It to Win it
- Lansing Locals are SeeClickFixin'!
- Griping with Traffic Lights
- The Boston Tree Party
- Redefine The Good Life
- Many thanks @you!
- Bikes and Gripes
- "Social Citizens" get their fix!
- SeeClickFix Announces Launch of Innovative New Fac...
- How to Help Improve Our Champigny
- How do you say "pothole" in...?
- SCF in ATL
- Planting Seeds of Change
- Server Issues Resolved
- Server Issues
- NH Register Launches 'Gripe of the Day'
- Happening in Your Hood
- A Model SideClick in Jurica
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)