Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - By Emma - No comments
Both the Meriden Record-Journal and WFSB Eyewitness News are talking about the latest community turning to SeeClickFix this pothole season. Meriden, CT has 189 miles of roadway, along which over 700 potholes are patched each year. Residents of the community can easily point out a long list of pothole plagued roads to avoid, helping to inform both drivers and city officials about the dangerous conditions.
Meriden has started using SeeClickFix to address residents concerns and smooth the streets, encouraging everyone to report issues such as potholes using our website and mobile apps. Bob Bass from the Meriden Department of Public Works, featured on a WFSB Eyewitness News segment about their road repair efforts, explained to viewers the benefit of using SeeClickFix.
"It gives them another opportunity to get a hold of us," said Bob Bass, of the Department of Public Works. "Instead of picking up the phone if you see something, with your smartphone you can send something through your smartphone, or you could still call us, but it works out very well."As is the case in most communities, the city will be repairing potholes according to priority. Users in Meriden can use SeeClickFix to advocate for the areas they believe are most in need. By commenting on and voting for their neighbors issue, and encouraging others to do the same, residents can ensure their priorities are the city's priorities.
We're thrilled to see another example of how citizens and their city can communicate and collaborate to solve problems and improve their community with SeeClickFix!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- The New Neighborhood Watch
- Community Activism With the Click of a Mouse
- Priority Potholes
- A welcome to Jason Sznol
- SeeClickFix Releases Android 2.0 App
- A Latte Love Brewing in Philadelphia
- A Call to Action
- What would you do?
- Using SeeClickFix to Fight Crime
- An Internship to Remember
- Tucson How To
- Addressing Concerns With One Click
- La Plata County goes Pro!
- On the Street With BrocktonBeat
- You're What's Next
- Food Desert Fix
- One of Our Favorite Things
- Today's Lesson: Civic Engagement
- Helping San Francisco Fight Blight
- Tell your issue "Say Cheese!"
- The Age of Transparency
- They Should Fix That!
- SeeClickFix 101
- Pitch It to Win it
- Lansing Locals are SeeClickFixin'!
- Griping with Traffic Lights
- The Boston Tree Party
- Redefine The Good Life
- Many thanks @you!
- Bikes and Gripes
- "Social Citizens" get their fix!
- SeeClickFix Announces Launch of Innovative New Fac...
- How to Help Improve Our Champigny
- How do you say "pothole" in...?
- SCF in ATL
- Planting Seeds of Change
- Server Issues Resolved
- Server Issues
- NH Register Launches 'Gripe of the Day'
- Happening in Your Hood
- A Model SideClick in Jurica
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)