We are currently experiencing server issues.
Saturday, April 2, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
(Courtesy of the New Haven Register)Following in the footsteps of the Washington Post, the New Haven Register launched its very own "Gripe of the Day" feature back in early March. And we couldn't be more excited here at SeeClickFix, especially since the newspaper (and SCF media partner) is based in New Haven with us.
Most recently, the newspaper featured drag racing as its "Gripe of the Day" after an anonymous user posted about it fifteen days ago. Viewed over 60 times, Issue #89389- Drag Racing involved nighttime drag racing and cruising on Foxtown Boulevard in New Haven. According to the user, he or she has almost been hit twice already, and the problem continues:
Police come and chase them them away, but they just come back and start again. I have a feeling as it warms up it is only going to get worse and someone is going to get hurt.Another user 'L' agreed and added that local drag racing has been a problem for years.
The police need to do some investigation and impound these cars, making it harder for these jerks to do this. I hear them almost every weekend, at the wee hours, but I didn't know where they were lately, because I couldn't see them.The user also called for citizens to document license plate numbers and details of those automobiles involved in the drag racing.
To help stop the drag racing, the New Haven Register contacted the city on Friday, asking what measures were being taken. The city spokesman Adam Joseph told the paper:
In an effort to make our streets safer for pedestrians, motorist and cyclists the (city) of New Haven has greatly increased its traffic enforcement operations.It's great to see local media organizations shedding light on (and helping to fix) community issues reported via SeeClickFix. A huge thanks to the New Haven Register team!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- The New Neighborhood Watch
- Community Activism With the Click of a Mouse
- Priority Potholes
- A welcome to Jason Sznol
- SeeClickFix Releases Android 2.0 App
- A Latte Love Brewing in Philadelphia
- A Call to Action
- What would you do?
- Using SeeClickFix to Fight Crime
- An Internship to Remember
- Tucson How To
- Addressing Concerns With One Click
- La Plata County goes Pro!
- On the Street With BrocktonBeat
- You're What's Next
- Food Desert Fix
- One of Our Favorite Things
- Today's Lesson: Civic Engagement
- Helping San Francisco Fight Blight
- Tell your issue "Say Cheese!"
- The Age of Transparency
- They Should Fix That!
- SeeClickFix 101
- Pitch It to Win it
- Lansing Locals are SeeClickFixin'!
- Griping with Traffic Lights
- The Boston Tree Party
- Redefine The Good Life
- Many thanks @you!
- Bikes and Gripes
- "Social Citizens" get their fix!
- SeeClickFix Announces Launch of Innovative New Fac...
- How to Help Improve Our Champigny
- How do you say "pothole" in...?
- SCF in ATL
- Planting Seeds of Change
- Server Issues Resolved
- Server Issues
- NH Register Launches 'Gripe of the Day'
- Happening in Your Hood
- A Model SideClick in Jurica
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)