We are currently experiencing server issues.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - By Emma - No comments
Tim Potter began using SeeClickFix as a way to warn fellow cyclists about potholes and other dangerous conditions for biking. Thanks to his efforts, issues in Lansing, Michigan reported on SeeClickFix are being noticed by everyone from the City Council to their local NBC affiliate.
WILX-TV News 10 reporter Jamie Edmonds learned about our site when she spoke with City Council Member Carol Wood. An active member of her community, as well as an active SCF user, Carol has not only been monitoring Lansing issues on SeeClickFix, but she ensures that reported issues are addressed by the proper city department. After speaking with Carol, Tim and our very own Ben Berkowitz, News 10 aired a segment last night about the use of SeeClickFix for addressing issues in Lansing.
We think the story perfectly illustrates how SeeClickFix connects users to their local officials and local media. A huge thank you to Tim, Carol and WILX-TV for helping us spread the word in Lansing, and for encouraging your community to start SeeClickFixin'!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- The New Neighborhood Watch
- Community Activism With the Click of a Mouse
- Priority Potholes
- A welcome to Jason Sznol
- SeeClickFix Releases Android 2.0 App
- A Latte Love Brewing in Philadelphia
- A Call to Action
- What would you do?
- Using SeeClickFix to Fight Crime
- An Internship to Remember
- Tucson How To
- Addressing Concerns With One Click
- La Plata County goes Pro!
- On the Street With BrocktonBeat
- You're What's Next
- Food Desert Fix
- One of Our Favorite Things
- Today's Lesson: Civic Engagement
- Helping San Francisco Fight Blight
- Tell your issue "Say Cheese!"
- The Age of Transparency
- They Should Fix That!
- SeeClickFix 101
- Pitch It to Win it
- Lansing Locals are SeeClickFixin'!
- Griping with Traffic Lights
- The Boston Tree Party
- Redefine The Good Life
- Many thanks @you!
- Bikes and Gripes
- "Social Citizens" get their fix!
- SeeClickFix Announces Launch of Innovative New Fac...
- How to Help Improve Our Champigny
- How do you say "pothole" in...?
- SCF in ATL
- Planting Seeds of Change
- Server Issues Resolved
- Server Issues
- NH Register Launches 'Gripe of the Day'
- Happening in Your Hood
- A Model SideClick in Jurica
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)