We are currently experiencing server issues.
Thursday, April 7, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
Earlier this week, we told you about the New Haven Register's new 'Gripe of the Day' feature. On Wednesday, the media outlet investigated the lack of bike racks at Union Station after one resident reported it via SeeClickFix.
Reported two days ago, Issue # 93247-Not enough bike racks at train station highlighted this bike rack shortage. SeeClickFix user Rachel posted that the racks are often full and called for additional space:
There's tons of space, for example, between the garage and the station. More bike racks would be greatly appreciated.
Similar issues, like Issue #89281-Need more bike racks, have been reported in the past and went unnoticed.
Now, thanks to the New Haven Register, the future looks promising for local cyclists! This past week, the newspaper contacted the New Haven Parking Authority about its plans to increase the number of bike racks.
NHPA executive director William Kilpatrick said they will be adding additional racks to accommodate 100 more bicycles. Construction will begin within the next 10 days.
A huge thanks to the New Haven Register for using SeeClickFix to raise awareness about resident concerns. Keep SeeClickFixin'!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- The New Neighborhood Watch
- Community Activism With the Click of a Mouse
- Priority Potholes
- A welcome to Jason Sznol
- SeeClickFix Releases Android 2.0 App
- A Latte Love Brewing in Philadelphia
- A Call to Action
- What would you do?
- Using SeeClickFix to Fight Crime
- An Internship to Remember
- Tucson How To
- Addressing Concerns With One Click
- La Plata County goes Pro!
- On the Street With BrocktonBeat
- You're What's Next
- Food Desert Fix
- One of Our Favorite Things
- Today's Lesson: Civic Engagement
- Helping San Francisco Fight Blight
- Tell your issue "Say Cheese!"
- The Age of Transparency
- They Should Fix That!
- SeeClickFix 101
- Pitch It to Win it
- Lansing Locals are SeeClickFixin'!
- Griping with Traffic Lights
- The Boston Tree Party
- Redefine The Good Life
- Many thanks @you!
- Bikes and Gripes
- "Social Citizens" get their fix!
- SeeClickFix Announces Launch of Innovative New Fac...
- How to Help Improve Our Champigny
- How do you say "pothole" in...?
- SCF in ATL
- Planting Seeds of Change
- Server Issues Resolved
- Server Issues
- NH Register Launches 'Gripe of the Day'
- Happening in Your Hood
- A Model SideClick in Jurica
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)