Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - By zak - No comments
At SeeClickFix we pride ourselves on the direct communication that we enable between government officials and citizens. A recent conversation about garbage dumping in Santa Fe epitomizes the sort of accessible, conversational, citizen-government interaction we hope to encourage.
I've rewritten the following SeeClickFix thread as a script. Grab a friend and act out the following parts: practice makes perfect when it comes to performing in the style of OpenGov. And as it turns out, getting rid of garbage dumps can be heartwarming stuff.
Setting: SeeClickFix Issue 35283. A SeeClickFixer named Sid has just reported that an empty lot is strewn with garbage, debris, appliances, etc. The lot is on north side of W. Alameda between Don Emilio and Tres Arroyos, in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The hot desert son is making the garbage stink a little. The Santa Fe Government has just received an alert about the problem.
Rita: Constituent Services Liaison for the City of Santa Fe
Act I: About 1 month ago
Sid, The property owner received a Notice of Violation and has 15 days to clear out the debris and garbage on his property. The owner also applied for a permit from the City to fence off his property to prevent further illegal dumping on his property.
The End. Or just the beginning?
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- SeeClickFix Welcomes Bonner Gaylord!
- Coffee and News: What Could Be Better?
- Tagging, politely.
- New Widget: CU Citizen Access
- Decay and Regeneration: A Park Bench
- Let There Be Light
- SeeClickFix Event in Providence, RI
- Stop Sign Needed
- How to Fix Blight in 3 Steps
- Today's New Media Partner
- Another Simple Way to Get Involved.
- When Rita Met Sid: A Play in Four Acts
- So (Gov)Fresh, So Clean
- Empty Spaces in Brooklyn
- Alpharetta Gets SeeClickFix
- Mr. Berkowitz Goes to City Hall
- Testimony at NYC Council Opendata Hearing
- A Dangerous Redesign
- Worst Road Ever in Lorain, OH?
- Changing Metaphors
- Better Documentation = Better Fixes
- Connecting the Online Dots
- More Crime or More Eyes?
- DIY in Detroit
- Because Even Box City has Pot Holes...
- An Omen?
- Kudos to North Hempstead!
- PDF - A Conversation on SeeClickFix with Craig New...
- Fixes at Long Last
- Down with Blight
- Broken Swings
- Get Your Gripe On
- SeeClickFix: Journalism in its "Purest and Rawest ...
- Joining the Mob
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)