Monday, June 14, 2010 - By zak - No comments
Imagine a city made of boxes, where the urban planners are eight years old. The result? A patchwork of candy-colored buildings and a water-slide plunging into Long Island Sound.
SeeClickFix helped bring this Box City to life this weekend at the kick-off of New Haven's International Festival of Arts & Ideas. The imaginative event helped teach children about the building and planning process. Aspiring architects and developers were required to obtain building and materials permits before they constructed their dream building and zoned it in one of New Haven's nine squares.
Since even imagined communities can use some improvements, A SeeClickFix kiosk was provided for attendees to report issues, in cities both real and fake. Let's hope Box City has a public works department.
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- SeeClickFix Welcomes Bonner Gaylord!
- Coffee and News: What Could Be Better?
- Tagging, politely.
- New Widget: CU Citizen Access
- Decay and Regeneration: A Park Bench
- Let There Be Light
- SeeClickFix Event in Providence, RI
- Stop Sign Needed
- How to Fix Blight in 3 Steps
- Today's New Media Partner
- Another Simple Way to Get Involved.
- When Rita Met Sid: A Play in Four Acts
- So (Gov)Fresh, So Clean
- Empty Spaces in Brooklyn
- Alpharetta Gets SeeClickFix
- Mr. Berkowitz Goes to City Hall
- Testimony at NYC Council Opendata Hearing
- A Dangerous Redesign
- Worst Road Ever in Lorain, OH?
- Changing Metaphors
- Better Documentation = Better Fixes
- Connecting the Online Dots
- More Crime or More Eyes?
- DIY in Detroit
- Because Even Box City has Pot Holes...
- An Omen?
- Kudos to North Hempstead!
- PDF - A Conversation on SeeClickFix with Craig New...
- Fixes at Long Last
- Down with Blight
- Broken Swings
- Get Your Gripe On
- SeeClickFix: Journalism in its "Purest and Rawest ...
- Joining the Mob
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)