Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - By Ben Berkowitz - No comments
On January 1 SeeClickFix and CTNext welcomed the first three SeeClickFix Fellows. Michael Kaufmann, Steven Young and Andrew Williams joined the SeeClickFix team for 6 months. During the day they work on the other side of the office from their core competencies, engineers working in biz dev and vice versa. At night they work on their products.
We are two months into the fellowship. There are 4 months left in the fellow's nights and weekend runway. After that they have been kindly offered a home at New Haven's co-working space, The Grove where they will likely continue to grow their products and figure out how to support themselves financially.
Andrew Williams hails from Virginia but now calls #NHV his home. Steven comes from San Francisco as Andrew's engineering half at http://www.PlacingLiterature.com. Placing Literature is a crowdsourcing website that maps literary scenes that take place in real locations. There are 1350 places mapped in the first six months and their core focus during the fellowship is making the database more robust. This is the first time the founders are living in the same city while working on their startup.
Mike Kauffman is developing MoVi Interactive, an innovative tech firm specializing in wearable technology and the user experience. MoVi creates applications that leverage data captured by physical sensors such as Fitbit, Nike FuelBand and Jawbone Up- to name a few. The flagship application, Fitness Faceoff, is the first full-blown fitness strategy game and is set to release in March.
We are loving the prototype designs of Fitness Faceoff at SCF and are excited to see the beta to be launched in March.
- A Few of My Favorite Government Features
- Randolph, MA in the Top 10!
- The SeeClickFix Fellows at the 33% Mark
- Council Member Kallos Promotes Digital Engagement ...
- Great Customer Experience in Holyoke
- 'Tis the Season for Potholes
- Why We Exist
- Congratulations to the Winners of the first SeeCli...
- SeeClickFix and Socrata Partner for Open Data Day
- Update: Commonwealth of Massachusetts Partnership
- Saturday is International Open Data Day at SeeClic...
- Fast Company highlights some of our favorite citiz...
- SeeClickFix Goes Surfside (Florida)
- Snowcrew.org Launches in beta on top of the SeeCli...
- Sacramento County 311 Launches with SeeClickFix
- 7,000 Thank You's and other fun facts from the See...
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)