We are currently experiencing server issues.
Thursday, February 13, 2014 - By Ben Berkowitz - 1 comment
Last week Snowcrew.org launched in private beta with newly knighted Yetis signing on their friends and neigbors to volunteer shoveling assistance to the elderly, injured and disabled.
The day after Snowcrew went into private beta Yetis were called into action in New Jersey. Nancy Tilford asked for help shoveling in Sussex County. Seven Yetis rushed to her and her husband's aid validating the Snowcrew platform and prompting the tool out of private beta into beta. There are still known bugs that the Snowcrew team is squashing but you can start growing your grew. 374 Yetis have signed up in the last few days and today Snowcrew announces its beta launch.
If you are physically unable to shovel and need assistance please sign-up for Snowcrew to request assistance from a neighbor. If you want to help out today in the storm you can bring up Snowcrew.org and find requests nearby from neighbors who need a hand. Every new user is given an ordered Yeti id and a referral link that you can share to help build your crew. More features to come but Snowcrew hopes you enjoy this early release.
We're very excited about this civic expansion on top of the SeeClickFix platform. If you want to build an app on top of the SeeClickFix API contact us and we'll help you get started.
The New Haven Register has a bit more of the Story on Snowcrew thanks to Helen Harvey, Staff Writer at the Register.
- A Few of My Favorite Government Features
- Randolph, MA in the Top 10!
- The SeeClickFix Fellows at the 33% Mark
- Council Member Kallos Promotes Digital Engagement ...
- Great Customer Experience in Holyoke
- 'Tis the Season for Potholes
- Why We Exist
- Congratulations to the Winners of the first SeeCli...
- SeeClickFix and Socrata Partner for Open Data Day
- Update: Commonwealth of Massachusetts Partnership
- Saturday is International Open Data Day at SeeClic...
- Fast Company highlights some of our favorite citiz...
- SeeClickFix Goes Surfside (Florida)
- Snowcrew.org Launches in beta on top of the SeeCli...
- Sacramento County 311 Launches with SeeClickFix
- 7,000 Thank You's and other fun facts from the See...
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)