We are currently experiencing server issues.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - By Tucker Severson - No comments
Kallos recently announced that his team has added a SeeClickFix widget to the Councilman's website at benkallos.com/seeclickfix where citizens are able to input service requests. These requests are monitored directly by Kallos' staff, who are excited to be up and running with the SeeClickFix CRM. Kallos feels that the 5th District will play an important role in bringing citizen engagement tools like SeeClickFix to the rest of New York City in the near future.
As reported by Tech President:
Kallos hosted a Google Hangout with about ten participants to announce his online constituent services, including SeeClickFix, and to discuss issues of concern to his constituents and the New York City technology community. For the SeeClickFix effort, he is building on an established program run by the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation, which has been using the platform on the island, part of his district along with the Upper East Side, since 2010.
During the hangout, Kallos said he would like to work on negotiating a contract to implement SeeClickFix more broadly in New York City, along with other similar services. He also announced that constituents could contact him via Skype or text to a Google Voice number in addition to attending regular open meetings in his office and throughout his district. He noted that even though there is a perception about the Upper East Side being very wealthy, there are still many residents, especially the more elderly, who may have feature phones but no Internet access.
Kallos isn't the first city political official to make these moves. SeeClickFix has also already been in use by a Brooklyn Community Board and Bronx City Council member Fernando Cabrera, who has also been using texting since 2010.
Read the full article at Tech President:
- A Few of My Favorite Government Features
- Randolph, MA in the Top 10!
- The SeeClickFix Fellows at the 33% Mark
- Council Member Kallos Promotes Digital Engagement ...
- Great Customer Experience in Holyoke
- 'Tis the Season for Potholes
- Why We Exist
- Congratulations to the Winners of the first SeeCli...
- SeeClickFix and Socrata Partner for Open Data Day
- Update: Commonwealth of Massachusetts Partnership
- Saturday is International Open Data Day at SeeClic...
- Fast Company highlights some of our favorite citiz...
- SeeClickFix Goes Surfside (Florida)
- Snowcrew.org Launches in beta on top of the SeeCli...
- Sacramento County 311 Launches with SeeClickFix
- 7,000 Thank You's and other fun facts from the See...
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)