Thursday, March 24, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
Recently, I stumbled across an interesting YouTube video about employing SeeClickFix to the benefit of elders.
A health care consultant (and singer!), AnthonysSong advocates for senior citizens everywhere. When he came across SeeClickFix, he deemed it 'an idea worth emulating' and believed there should be an equivalent in elder care.
He does cite Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities (NORCs) as providing services for aging populations, but he says it's "not the case across the board because obviously there are people who are living alone and not in a community of elders who need help as well but are isolated from other people."
SeeClickFix allows citizens anywhere to report and track issues in their communities via the Internet. By doing so, it encourages citizens to publicly broadcast issues, work collectively to improve their neighborhoods, and become engaged on a greater scale. According to AnthonysSong, SeeClickSix can serve as a model for attending to seniors' needs from grocery shopping to doctor visits:
The whole idea of the community rallying around the needs of the people and issues within that community is a good one and we just need to adapt it for rallying around the causes of our elders and everyone chipping in to make that happen.If you want to learn more about AnthonysSong and what he does, check out his website and Twitter.
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- Stopping Safely in Saratoga Springs
- Peer Pressure Isn't a Dirty Word
- Paving the Road to Results
- "Moore" People Talking About SeeClickFix!
- Breaking It Down--Pothole Style
- Using SeeClickFix on the Campaign Trail
- A Pothole Proof Car?
- Cell Phones for Social Change
- Love Thy Neighbor, Not Their Garbage
- Forget FarmVille. There's a New Request in Town!
- Promoting Accountability in Saugus
- Putting Potholes to Use
- A Mash Made in Heaven
- The StarPhoenix Launches Interactive Map
- SeeClickFix: Innovator of the Year
- Patrolling Potholes in Ohio
- Hometown Pothole Fix
- Using SeeClickFix to Benefit Elders
- Rising from the Rubble
- Supercharging Communities
- An International Fix!
- If You Build It, They Will Come
- Broken Sidewalk Blues
- Fastest Fix Ever?
- Operation Dead Cactus
- Pothole Problems in Saratoga Springs
- Flashback to Guam Graffiti
- Spring Has Sprung
- To Change Lanes or Not to Change Lanes?
- Ben Makes CT Magazine's "40 Under 40"
- WBTV Investigates Neighborhood Crime
- Saratogian Addresses Snow-Covered Newspaper Boxes
- The Next Big Thing in Social Media and Politics?
- SeeClickFixing Potholes in Carolina Beach
- Restoring Library Hours With Just One Click
- Walkability in #NHV
- Newark Ohio launches SeeClickFix Plus and The Newa...
- American Entrepreneurship Radio talks potholes and...
- SeeClickFix partners with Cityworks to connect cit...
- Assessment of Richmond VA's performance after 6 mo...
- SeeClickFix Media Partners Shine a Light on Your I...
- Bonner gets hometown love - acceptance speech here...
- ▼ March (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)