Friday, March 25, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
Today, Buffalo Green Code announced it would integrate SeeClickFix into its site after noticing countless residents posting community issues via SCF. The mashup combines citizen remarks submitted through its Buffalo Citizen Engagement map and community issues reported on our website:
Although SCF is generally used for 311 type-issues, I saw that many comments were more planning related. In an effort to provide the planners of the Green Code with as much useful information as possible, I combined the Buffalo Citizen Engagement map on the Green Code site with the comments from See Click Fix onto one map. This helps us visualize all types of issues no matter how they were submitted to the web!According to Green Code, they seek to "implement a new regulatory framework for the development of [their] neighborhoods" that will improve residents' quality of life by employing smart growth standards, encouraging both economic and environmental sustainability, promoting fiscal growth, and allowing for development transparency. Their "Green Code" would replace Buffalo's zoning ordinance passed in the early 1950s.
We're honored to help Buffalo Green Code on its mission. We're even more excited about SCF's Ben Berkowitz speaking alongside Green Code's Crystal Wilson at the APA's National Planning Conference in Boston two weeks from now!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- Stopping Safely in Saratoga Springs
- Peer Pressure Isn't a Dirty Word
- Paving the Road to Results
- "Moore" People Talking About SeeClickFix!
- Breaking It Down--Pothole Style
- Using SeeClickFix on the Campaign Trail
- A Pothole Proof Car?
- Cell Phones for Social Change
- Love Thy Neighbor, Not Their Garbage
- Forget FarmVille. There's a New Request in Town!
- Promoting Accountability in Saugus
- Putting Potholes to Use
- A Mash Made in Heaven
- The StarPhoenix Launches Interactive Map
- SeeClickFix: Innovator of the Year
- Patrolling Potholes in Ohio
- Hometown Pothole Fix
- Using SeeClickFix to Benefit Elders
- Rising from the Rubble
- Supercharging Communities
- An International Fix!
- If You Build It, They Will Come
- Broken Sidewalk Blues
- Fastest Fix Ever?
- Operation Dead Cactus
- Pothole Problems in Saratoga Springs
- Flashback to Guam Graffiti
- Spring Has Sprung
- To Change Lanes or Not to Change Lanes?
- Ben Makes CT Magazine's "40 Under 40"
- WBTV Investigates Neighborhood Crime
- Saratogian Addresses Snow-Covered Newspaper Boxes
- The Next Big Thing in Social Media and Politics?
- SeeClickFixing Potholes in Carolina Beach
- Restoring Library Hours With Just One Click
- Walkability in #NHV
- Newark Ohio launches SeeClickFix Plus and The Newa...
- American Entrepreneurship Radio talks potholes and...
- SeeClickFix partners with Cityworks to connect cit...
- Assessment of Richmond VA's performance after 6 mo...
- SeeClickFix Media Partners Shine a Light on Your I...
- Bonner gets hometown love - acceptance speech here...
- ▼ March (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)