Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
As wintry weather and potholes cause trouble across the country, one city strayed from the trend and dealt with a pricklier issue.
Reported only 15 days ago, issue #86215 "Dead Cactus" was resolved in Albuquerque, NM last Friday. Local resident Joe Barela reported the massive cactus located on the Watercress and Jefferson median and believed the overflowing plant could be dangerous to citizens.
The cactus has large needles and is a hazard to traffic and pedestrians.Barela previously reported the problem twice to no avail. This time, the 311 Citizen Contact Center responded within one day on SeeClickFix, escalated the resident's initial report, and dealt with the cactus. On Friday, Barela gratefully commented:
It is all gone. It was gone as of Friday afternoon. The area looks so much better. Thanks to everyone.Gotta love a happy ending!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- Stopping Safely in Saratoga Springs
- Peer Pressure Isn't a Dirty Word
- Paving the Road to Results
- "Moore" People Talking About SeeClickFix!
- Breaking It Down--Pothole Style
- Using SeeClickFix on the Campaign Trail
- A Pothole Proof Car?
- Cell Phones for Social Change
- Love Thy Neighbor, Not Their Garbage
- Forget FarmVille. There's a New Request in Town!
- Promoting Accountability in Saugus
- Putting Potholes to Use
- A Mash Made in Heaven
- The StarPhoenix Launches Interactive Map
- SeeClickFix: Innovator of the Year
- Patrolling Potholes in Ohio
- Hometown Pothole Fix
- Using SeeClickFix to Benefit Elders
- Rising from the Rubble
- Supercharging Communities
- An International Fix!
- If You Build It, They Will Come
- Broken Sidewalk Blues
- Fastest Fix Ever?
- Operation Dead Cactus
- Pothole Problems in Saratoga Springs
- Flashback to Guam Graffiti
- Spring Has Sprung
- To Change Lanes or Not to Change Lanes?
- Ben Makes CT Magazine's "40 Under 40"
- WBTV Investigates Neighborhood Crime
- Saratogian Addresses Snow-Covered Newspaper Boxes
- The Next Big Thing in Social Media and Politics?
- SeeClickFixing Potholes in Carolina Beach
- Restoring Library Hours With Just One Click
- Walkability in #NHV
- Newark Ohio launches SeeClickFix Plus and The Newa...
- American Entrepreneurship Radio talks potholes and...
- SeeClickFix partners with Cityworks to connect cit...
- Assessment of Richmond VA's performance after 6 mo...
- SeeClickFix Media Partners Shine a Light on Your I...
- Bonner gets hometown love - acceptance speech here...
- ▼ March (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)