We are currently experiencing server issues.
Thursday, March 31, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
Nineteen days ago, SeeClickFix user Sherrie described the condition of Little Rock Road in Charlotte, NC as 'terrible' and 'dilapidated' complete with cracks in the asphalt, holes, and bumps.
It is so uneven going toward the airport terminal. It is like trying to dodge bullets, trying not to hit the bad areas but you have to hit them because they are everywhere in the road.
Sherrie added that the poor road conditions have been around for quite some time and wreak havoc on vehicle alignment.
This has been like this since I have been living in this area, 12 years, why doesn't it ever get any attention? I would think that the city would want this road to be nice for visitors, considering it is an exit and entrance road to the airport.
Thanks to the WBTV team, this issue is now getting the attention it deserves. A few days ago, the media outlet examined the road, reached out to NC-DOT, and received some promising news.
They got right back with us saying this section of Little Rock Road is being considered for re-surfacing this year. In fact, they'll be looking over contracts in the near future. State DOT also says if for some reason resurfacing doesn't happen this year, they'll do some temporary patching to take care of it in the interim.
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- Stopping Safely in Saratoga Springs
- Peer Pressure Isn't a Dirty Word
- Paving the Road to Results
- "Moore" People Talking About SeeClickFix!
- Breaking It Down--Pothole Style
- Using SeeClickFix on the Campaign Trail
- A Pothole Proof Car?
- Cell Phones for Social Change
- Love Thy Neighbor, Not Their Garbage
- Forget FarmVille. There's a New Request in Town!
- Promoting Accountability in Saugus
- Putting Potholes to Use
- A Mash Made in Heaven
- The StarPhoenix Launches Interactive Map
- SeeClickFix: Innovator of the Year
- Patrolling Potholes in Ohio
- Hometown Pothole Fix
- Using SeeClickFix to Benefit Elders
- Rising from the Rubble
- Supercharging Communities
- An International Fix!
- If You Build It, They Will Come
- Broken Sidewalk Blues
- Fastest Fix Ever?
- Operation Dead Cactus
- Pothole Problems in Saratoga Springs
- Flashback to Guam Graffiti
- Spring Has Sprung
- To Change Lanes or Not to Change Lanes?
- Ben Makes CT Magazine's "40 Under 40"
- WBTV Investigates Neighborhood Crime
- Saratogian Addresses Snow-Covered Newspaper Boxes
- The Next Big Thing in Social Media and Politics?
- SeeClickFixing Potholes in Carolina Beach
- Restoring Library Hours With Just One Click
- Walkability in #NHV
- Newark Ohio launches SeeClickFix Plus and The Newa...
- American Entrepreneurship Radio talks potholes and...
- SeeClickFix partners with Cityworks to connect cit...
- Assessment of Richmond VA's performance after 6 mo...
- SeeClickFix Media Partners Shine a Light on Your I...
- Bonner gets hometown love - acceptance speech here...
- ▼ March (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)