We are currently experiencing server issues.
Thursday, March 24, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
(Photos courtesy of the Daily Mail)It may be a long road to recovery in Japan, but the nation is already making incredible progress after the March 11th earthquake and subsequent tsunami destroyed the nation's means of transportation and infrastructure.
In just six days, construction crews from NEXCO company repaired one stretch of highway in Naka. Following the destruction, the Great Kanto Highway was left with a 150-meter crack running down its main section. While the crews only started working on March 17th, they finished repairs and opened the road to traffic yesterday.
With winter wrapping up, citizens across the country (and globe) have been reporting potholes in massive numbers. Compared with destroyed roads in Japan, potholes seem like an easy fix. Yet, it can take many months (even years!) for towns and cities to repair them. Doesn't make sense, right?
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- Stopping Safely in Saratoga Springs
- Peer Pressure Isn't a Dirty Word
- Paving the Road to Results
- "Moore" People Talking About SeeClickFix!
- Breaking It Down--Pothole Style
- Using SeeClickFix on the Campaign Trail
- A Pothole Proof Car?
- Cell Phones for Social Change
- Love Thy Neighbor, Not Their Garbage
- Forget FarmVille. There's a New Request in Town!
- Promoting Accountability in Saugus
- Putting Potholes to Use
- A Mash Made in Heaven
- The StarPhoenix Launches Interactive Map
- SeeClickFix: Innovator of the Year
- Patrolling Potholes in Ohio
- Hometown Pothole Fix
- Using SeeClickFix to Benefit Elders
- Rising from the Rubble
- Supercharging Communities
- An International Fix!
- If You Build It, They Will Come
- Broken Sidewalk Blues
- Fastest Fix Ever?
- Operation Dead Cactus
- Pothole Problems in Saratoga Springs
- Flashback to Guam Graffiti
- Spring Has Sprung
- To Change Lanes or Not to Change Lanes?
- Ben Makes CT Magazine's "40 Under 40"
- WBTV Investigates Neighborhood Crime
- Saratogian Addresses Snow-Covered Newspaper Boxes
- The Next Big Thing in Social Media and Politics?
- SeeClickFixing Potholes in Carolina Beach
- Restoring Library Hours With Just One Click
- Walkability in #NHV
- Newark Ohio launches SeeClickFix Plus and The Newa...
- American Entrepreneurship Radio talks potholes and...
- SeeClickFix partners with Cityworks to connect cit...
- Assessment of Richmond VA's performance after 6 mo...
- SeeClickFix Media Partners Shine a Light on Your I...
- Bonner gets hometown love - acceptance speech here...
- ▼ March (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)