Thursday, March 24, 2011 - By Megan - No comments
Back in February, SeeClickFix's Ben Berkowitz spoke about strengthening 'communities of practice' at the TechSoup Global Contributors' Summit in Santa Clara, CA. Out of approximately 500 attendees, Ben was one of a handful mentioned in this recent blog post from TechSoup Global:
Ben Berkowitz of SeeClickFix definitely has some new dance partners; He'll be talking to IREX about their media training groups, and also their library program in Romania, and with Chris Worman about the TechSoup program there. Meanwhile Bill Strathmann at Network for Good has designs on SCF too... After weakly begging off the a.m of Day 1 (Valentine's Day? Don't make me go all revolutionary guards on you, Billy), Strathmann sprang off of his red eye from DC in a relaxed, collaborative mood. Re SCF he wrote, "Network for Good is increasing its training to nonprofits on tech tools that help engage their communities and drive donations. We're reaching over 150,000 nonprofit professionals today. SeeClickFix is a great community tool that has a latent role for small nonprofits (imagine the Anacostia Watershed Society adopting the region it cares about on SeeClickFix and accessing/engaging citizens who care about the same issues in the same geographic area – trash in the Anacostia River), but SeeClickFix does not have access to small nonprofits (nonprofits don't know it exists or how they could use it)."TechSoup also mentioned that Timothy Pylate of the Eurasia Foundation wanted to follow up with Ben about how Ukraine could utilize a platform like SeeClickFix for their e-governance programs.
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- Stopping Safely in Saratoga Springs
- Peer Pressure Isn't a Dirty Word
- Paving the Road to Results
- "Moore" People Talking About SeeClickFix!
- Breaking It Down--Pothole Style
- Using SeeClickFix on the Campaign Trail
- A Pothole Proof Car?
- Cell Phones for Social Change
- Love Thy Neighbor, Not Their Garbage
- Forget FarmVille. There's a New Request in Town!
- Promoting Accountability in Saugus
- Putting Potholes to Use
- A Mash Made in Heaven
- The StarPhoenix Launches Interactive Map
- SeeClickFix: Innovator of the Year
- Patrolling Potholes in Ohio
- Hometown Pothole Fix
- Using SeeClickFix to Benefit Elders
- Rising from the Rubble
- Supercharging Communities
- An International Fix!
- If You Build It, They Will Come
- Broken Sidewalk Blues
- Fastest Fix Ever?
- Operation Dead Cactus
- Pothole Problems in Saratoga Springs
- Flashback to Guam Graffiti
- Spring Has Sprung
- To Change Lanes or Not to Change Lanes?
- Ben Makes CT Magazine's "40 Under 40"
- WBTV Investigates Neighborhood Crime
- Saratogian Addresses Snow-Covered Newspaper Boxes
- The Next Big Thing in Social Media and Politics?
- SeeClickFixing Potholes in Carolina Beach
- Restoring Library Hours With Just One Click
- Walkability in #NHV
- Newark Ohio launches SeeClickFix Plus and The Newa...
- American Entrepreneurship Radio talks potholes and...
- SeeClickFix partners with Cityworks to connect cit...
- Assessment of Richmond VA's performance after 6 mo...
- SeeClickFix Media Partners Shine a Light on Your I...
- Bonner gets hometown love - acceptance speech here...
- ▼ March (42)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)