Friday, May 14, 2010 - By zak - No comments
The survival of newspaper companies will depend on their ability to make significant changes to their digital strategies. Partnerships with outside specialists, like SeeClickFix, can be an important aspect of new digital tactics, by boosting traffic on newspaper websites.
This was the messaged that John Paton, chief executive of the Journal Register Company (JRC), delivered at the annual conference of the Canadian Newspaper Industry in Toronto, according to Friday's article in the Toronto Star.
Paton was recently brought on to help save CanWest–the country's largest chain–from bankruptcy. CanWest publishes 11 major dailies, including the National Post, Ottawa Citizen and Vancouver Sun.
As chief executive for the JRC, Paton supported the company's partnership with SeeClickFix that launched in April. He called the JRC "the poster child for what ails the newspaper industry. None of these companies will survive unless we profoundly change."
SeeClickFix continues to be part of that change by collaborating with our media partners to reach out to their readers in new, interactive ways.
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- Tagging San Rafael
- SeeClickFix Goes Boom
- Ann Arbor Canyon
- New Widget: Times-Tribune
- Car Wrecks
- The Perils of Dead Wood
- Park Clean-up in Pontiac
- Looking for Unshakable Meaning?
- In Pontiac, Demolition Means Progress
- Eyes on Barbados
- SeeClickFix "Sting" in Chicago
- Amplifying Global Voices
- Site Up!
- Site Down!
- The Financial Condition of a Road Commission
- Greening The Green
- Update from Lorain
- We're Cool in Canada
- An Inside Look at the Housing Crisis
- Corona Residents: Fix Your City, Win a Latte
- Dogs on the Loose
- Cuts in Michigan's Budget, Cracks in Michigan's Ro...
- SeeClickFix in The Press-Enterprise
- Dirt Bikes: A Retrospective
- SeeClickFix Piloting 'Community Actions' Feature f...
- Fighting Graffiti with Graffiti
- "Focus on What's Real"
- No More Glow in the Dark
- SeeClickFix Integrates Data with San Francisco and...
- Watch Where You Park that 18-wheeler!
- Corona's fixin' to fix
- SeeClickFix Joins the Future Cities Forum
- NYC's Quick Fix
- SeeClickFix is on Fire!
- J.T.'s Approval
- Journal Register Towns, 2 Weeks Later
- Nashville Floods, Fixers Post
- ▼ May (38)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)