Monday, May 17, 2010 - By zak - No comments
The City of Lorain, Ohio began repairing the much beleaguered Pearl Avenue, according to a Morning Journal report this weekend. The city blocks north of E 36th Street have been substantially upgraded, according to Lorain Public Service Director Robert Gilchrist.
This is an improvement from two weeks ago, when the city told the Morning Journal that there simply was not enough money in the budgets to make the improvements that SeeClickFixers were requesting. Still, there is considerable work left to be done. "Some streets are beyond just patching," Gilchrist told the Journal. "They need to be replaced. It boils down to funding and manpower."
Many issues on SeeClickFix (click here, here, or here) address the section of Pearl Avenue south of where the city has made repairs. We salute the city for their attention to issues on SeeClickFix so far and hope to see improvements on this section of Pearl Avenue soon.
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- Tagging San Rafael
- SeeClickFix Goes Boom
- Ann Arbor Canyon
- New Widget: Times-Tribune
- Car Wrecks
- The Perils of Dead Wood
- Park Clean-up in Pontiac
- Looking for Unshakable Meaning?
- In Pontiac, Demolition Means Progress
- Eyes on Barbados
- SeeClickFix "Sting" in Chicago
- Amplifying Global Voices
- Site Up!
- Site Down!
- The Financial Condition of a Road Commission
- Greening The Green
- Update from Lorain
- We're Cool in Canada
- An Inside Look at the Housing Crisis
- Corona Residents: Fix Your City, Win a Latte
- Dogs on the Loose
- Cuts in Michigan's Budget, Cracks in Michigan's Ro...
- SeeClickFix in The Press-Enterprise
- Dirt Bikes: A Retrospective
- SeeClickFix Piloting 'Community Actions' Feature f...
- Fighting Graffiti with Graffiti
- "Focus on What's Real"
- No More Glow in the Dark
- SeeClickFix Integrates Data with San Francisco and...
- Watch Where You Park that 18-wheeler!
- Corona's fixin' to fix
- SeeClickFix Joins the Future Cities Forum
- NYC's Quick Fix
- SeeClickFix is on Fire!
- J.T.'s Approval
- Journal Register Towns, 2 Weeks Later
- Nashville Floods, Fixers Post
- ▼ May (38)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)