Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - By zak - No comments
SeeClickFix is testing a new feature among its users in New Haven. From now on, when New Haven residents view a local issue on SeeClickFix, they'll be encouraged to suggest 'Community Actions' to help get that issue fixed. Community organizers can create 'Events' based on these suggestions, like community meetings or park clean-ups, and publicize the event-details on SeeClickFix.
The decision to add this feature grew out of the company's mission to be as action-oriented as possible and to encourage local communities to work together to help themselves. SeeClickFix's discussion boards have become important forums for the dynamic exchange of ideas and solutions among neighbors. By adding the new "Community Actions" feature, SeeClickFix wants to encourage users to translate the connections made on social media into the physical world, by coming together as a community to fix pressing issues.
Public space advocates have already used the feature to schedule several events in New Haven. SeeClickFix CEO Ben Berkowitz spearheaded the new feature on Sunday, by using SeeClickFix to invite neighbors to a community planting event in the Upper State Street area. Another neighborhood activist has taken advantage of the feature to post details for an upcoming community meeting in The Hill neighborhood.
SeeClickFix is using the Community Action tool to publicize a community clean up of New Haven's Center Green this weekend and would like to extend an open invitation to the New Haven community. SeeClickFix's first Pro client, The Town Green Special Services District, will lead the clean-up on Saturday, May 15 from 8-11 AM to prepare The Green for an action-packed summer, full of concerts and sunbathing.
Click here to RSVP for the clean-up!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- Tagging San Rafael
- SeeClickFix Goes Boom
- Ann Arbor Canyon
- New Widget: Times-Tribune
- Car Wrecks
- The Perils of Dead Wood
- Park Clean-up in Pontiac
- Looking for Unshakable Meaning?
- In Pontiac, Demolition Means Progress
- Eyes on Barbados
- SeeClickFix "Sting" in Chicago
- Amplifying Global Voices
- Site Up!
- Site Down!
- The Financial Condition of a Road Commission
- Greening The Green
- Update from Lorain
- We're Cool in Canada
- An Inside Look at the Housing Crisis
- Corona Residents: Fix Your City, Win a Latte
- Dogs on the Loose
- Cuts in Michigan's Budget, Cracks in Michigan's Ro...
- SeeClickFix in The Press-Enterprise
- Dirt Bikes: A Retrospective
- SeeClickFix Piloting 'Community Actions' Feature f...
- Fighting Graffiti with Graffiti
- "Focus on What's Real"
- No More Glow in the Dark
- SeeClickFix Integrates Data with San Francisco and...
- Watch Where You Park that 18-wheeler!
- Corona's fixin' to fix
- SeeClickFix Joins the Future Cities Forum
- NYC's Quick Fix
- SeeClickFix is on Fire!
- J.T.'s Approval
- Journal Register Towns, 2 Weeks Later
- Nashville Floods, Fixers Post
- ▼ May (38)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)