Friday, May 7, 2010 - By zak - No comments
Bright lights from the KGCW TV towers were causing light pollution throughout rural communities in Northeast Illinois. A SeeClickFix user reported that they "are so bright they can be seen flashing on the inside of our homes." Another user who lived 7 miles away from the towers said that families had to draw their shades at night to sleep.
It seems like SeeClickFix helped provide some quick relief. Users reported that the lights were dimmer just days after the issue was posted. Today, one user wrote in with the following:
"It's amazing! The lights have not been a problem since this issue has been opened!"
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- Tagging San Rafael
- SeeClickFix Goes Boom
- Ann Arbor Canyon
- New Widget: Times-Tribune
- Car Wrecks
- The Perils of Dead Wood
- Park Clean-up in Pontiac
- Looking for Unshakable Meaning?
- In Pontiac, Demolition Means Progress
- Eyes on Barbados
- SeeClickFix "Sting" in Chicago
- Amplifying Global Voices
- Site Up!
- Site Down!
- The Financial Condition of a Road Commission
- Greening The Green
- Update from Lorain
- We're Cool in Canada
- An Inside Look at the Housing Crisis
- Corona Residents: Fix Your City, Win a Latte
- Dogs on the Loose
- Cuts in Michigan's Budget, Cracks in Michigan's Ro...
- SeeClickFix in The Press-Enterprise
- Dirt Bikes: A Retrospective
- SeeClickFix Piloting 'Community Actions' Feature f...
- Fighting Graffiti with Graffiti
- "Focus on What's Real"
- No More Glow in the Dark
- SeeClickFix Integrates Data with San Francisco and...
- Watch Where You Park that 18-wheeler!
- Corona's fixin' to fix
- SeeClickFix Joins the Future Cities Forum
- NYC's Quick Fix
- SeeClickFix is on Fire!
- J.T.'s Approval
- Journal Register Towns, 2 Weeks Later
- Nashville Floods, Fixers Post
- ▼ May (38)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)