Saturday, May 16, 2009 - By Ben Berkowitz - 2 comments
On May 5th Fred Wilson Posted an article on his blog avc.com which suggested that it would be great if you could use twitter to report issues like potholes that would typically be reported to city hall via 311.
Fred notes that documenting typical 311 issues in this way would be beneficial because of the addition of a photo amongst other things. He also notes that there would be added benefit if the community could comment on the issue and increase its priority relative to the amount of people concerned about the issue.
As SeeClickFix already allows users to comment on 311 like issues and increase their priority by clicking "I want this fixed too" we thought it would be really cool if we built in Fred's Tweeting Concept to SeeClickFix. As of today thanks to a few sleepless nights by Kam you can use a program like Twitterific from your blackberry or iphone to tweet issues with photo, description and location @seeclickfix
Just follow the instructions from this page and give us feedback. (be gentle...Kam built it in a week.)
Thanks For the the great idea Fred...now someone just has to create a watch area for NYC 311 and they'll get emails of the Tweets @seeclickfix when they land in NYC. Who's up for it? Http://www.seeclickfix.com/fixers
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- The Miami Herald is Launching SeeClickFix in their...
- Houston...We Have Lift Off
- Community minded Cyclists do a Pothole Ride in Oak...
- Town of Ayer Mass embeds SeeClickFix map for repor...
- SeeClickFix on WFSB 3 Hartford
- Fred Wilson mentions SeeClickFix in disruption tal...
- How to document speeding 101 - A citizen's guide
- A little press from Next American City
- Making Government 2.0 a Reality - Google Says SeeC...
- Two New York newspapers launch SeeClickFix widget ...
- Communities Turn To Website SeeClickFix.com To Fix...
- Achievment First 2'nd graders SeeClickFix Brooklyn...
- ▼ May (13)
- ► 2008 (62)