Monday, May 4, 2009 - By Ben Berkowitz - No comments
In speaking to a crowd at the Web 2.0 conference in San Francisco Andrew McLaughlin of Google said Gov 2.0 is the ability to “apply consumer-type technologies to government so that it’s more transparent, participatory, collaborative, effective and efficient”.
If you've looked below the funny looking stick figures on our welcome page you'll notice the SeeClickFix mission: "SeeClickFix provides tools that increase transparency and communication between residents, governments and organizations anywhere in the world. Our goal is to make it easier to improve your community."
Is SeeClickFix the incarnation of Gov2.0? Andrew thinks its one of them. In his speech he went on to mention 4 examples where Gov 2.0 is already working and SeeClickFix was in the mix.
As the SeeClickFix user who has done a litter clean-up, removed graffiti or pulled an abandoned boat out of a park knows SeeClickFix is not just gov 2.0 its COMMUNITY 2.0. We're excited to see that government is establishing their place in that community and we are grateful to guys like Andrew who are putting SeeClickFix in the spotlight.
Here's a link to the article from BNET http://industry.bnet.com/government/10001318/googles-andrew-mclaughlin-on-making-government-20-a-reality/
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- The Miami Herald is Launching SeeClickFix in their...
- Houston...We Have Lift Off
- Community minded Cyclists do a Pothole Ride in Oak...
- Town of Ayer Mass embeds SeeClickFix map for repor...
- SeeClickFix on WFSB 3 Hartford
- Fred Wilson mentions SeeClickFix in disruption tal...
- How to document speeding 101 - A citizen's guide
- A little press from Next American City
- Making Government 2.0 a Reality - Google Says SeeC...
- Two New York newspapers launch SeeClickFix widget ...
- Communities Turn To Website SeeClickFix.com To Fix...
- Achievment First 2'nd graders SeeClickFix Brooklyn...
- ▼ May (13)
- ► 2008 (62)