We are currently experiencing server issues.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - By Unknown - No comments
Good Magazine and SeeClickFix are celebrating neighbor day on April 27th. In neighborly spirit we are encouraging our users from around the globe to get out in their neighborhoods and not only document places where they want to see improvement but get their hands dirty and partake in a neighborhood cleanup or beautification project.
Winter was brutal for many of us. Snow plows and disrupted garbage routes have left many neighbors reporting huge amounts of litter and dumping. Our cities need our help to make them the places we want to live.
Taking a cue from SeeClickFixers everywhere and the greater movement towards neighborhood participation, we are shifting the SeeClickFix branding a bit. To start, the wrench and fist--our existing logo--representing the community demanding accountability will shift to the heart of our new logo representing the community being partially accountable itself. “WrenchHeart”, as we are lovingly titling our new mascot, represents a move toward co-delivery of services between neighbors and governments. Our slogan will shift from Power to the Community to Love Thy Neighborhood. Nothing about the platform will shift. We’re just trying to do a better job reflecting the way communities as a whole take care of themselves, from all perspectives.
Here are three ways you can use SeeClickFix to help beautify your neighborhood:
- Report areas of your neighborhood that could use a clean-up.
- Make your neighborhood more interesting by reporting suggestions for murals, trees, benches and other public amenities. If you’re looking for some help to raise money for a project let us know and we’ll help you with the fundraising.
- Search your neighborhood SeeClickFix page for words like "garbage" and comment on the issue that you’d like to organize a clean-up.
It’s Good to Love Thy Neighborhood. Let’s do it in a constructive way that makes a real impact for ourselves and our neighbors.
- Canton, OH Launches SeeClickFix Solution!
- "SeeClickFix blows Waka Flocka Flame's mind"
- Government Updates for Spring
- Neighbor Day and a New Look for SeeClickFix
- Announcing: The Completely New SeeClickFix 3.2.0 A...
- Eden Prairie Launches EP SeeClickFix!
- Hey New Haven: Rock 2 Rock This Weekend!
- Emergency Lodging for Those in Boston
- Live in Oakland? Let's Call a Blitz.
- Help These Students Bring Science to Local Parks!
- Chicago Declares Potholepalooza!
- Spring Cleaning Your Neighborhood? The Top 5 Issue...
- Albuquerque, NM Launches App to Cut Costs, Engage ...
- San Francisco City Attorney Helps Residents get UP...
- ▼ April (14)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)