We are currently experiencing server issues.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - By Emma - No comments
Canton Announces New Partnership with Online, Mobile Citizen Reporting Platform
City Will Use SeeClickFix to Improve Quality of Life, Encourage Greater Civic Participation
Canton, OH April 30th, 2013 - Today, the City of Canton announces a new program that will allow residents to report quality-of-life issues and request Canton’s services through an online and mobile interface. Powered by SeeClickFix, the place-based reporting platform allows residents to document neighborhood concerns and improvements alike, ranging from litter and flooding to damaged sidewalks and malfunctioning traffic signals.
“The City’s IT Department has done a great job at getting this up and running. With the online and mobile reporting platform, residents can report quality-of-life concerns through service request categories via the City of Canton’s website, mobile applications (iPhone, Android, Windows, Blackberry), and SeeClickFix.com," explained Patrick Barton, IT Director for the City of Canton. "When submitting issues via mobile app, for example, residents can provide locational, descriptive, and photographic information as they see the issue in real time. Once the resident submits an issue, the request originator, the City of Canton, and anyone ‘watching’ the issue will receive an alert. The City of Canton can then acknowledge the service request by routing it to the proper department, update the request, and ultimately resolve the request, thus alerting residents following the issue.”
The partnership allows residents to report community issues, as well as view, comment on, and vote to fix problems submitted by their neighbors. Citizens can even create their own “watch areas” to receive notifications about all issues reported in their community, enabling them to follow the progress of all service requests---not just the ones they report. The City of Canton’s Service Request website can be found at https://cantonohio.gov/servicerequests and residents can download iPhone, Android, Windows, and Blackberry apps. For citizens that prefer to call in their issues, a newly created citizen request number can be used by dialing 330 430-0311. The caller will be given the option to choose a department or leave a recorded message.
- Canton, OH Launches SeeClickFix Solution!
- "SeeClickFix blows Waka Flocka Flame's mind"
- Government Updates for Spring
- Neighbor Day and a New Look for SeeClickFix
- Announcing: The Completely New SeeClickFix 3.2.0 A...
- Eden Prairie Launches EP SeeClickFix!
- Hey New Haven: Rock 2 Rock This Weekend!
- Emergency Lodging for Those in Boston
- Live in Oakland? Let's Call a Blitz.
- Help These Students Bring Science to Local Parks!
- Chicago Declares Potholepalooza!
- Spring Cleaning Your Neighborhood? The Top 5 Issue...
- Albuquerque, NM Launches App to Cut Costs, Engage ...
- San Francisco City Attorney Helps Residents get UP...
- ▼ April (14)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)