We are currently experiencing server issues.
Friday, November 19, 2010 - By Kayla Vandervort - No comments
WECT of North Carolina investigated issue #61816 , which reported a potentially dangerous area coming out of the Food Lion shopping center on Carolina Beach Road. It has been requested that a traffic light be put in place to prevent an accident. Other concerned citizens have commented on the issue in agreement that this is a dangerous location and that they've witnessed accidents as well.
WECT interviewed the N.C. Department of Transportation, and found that according to them "any time a development causes an impact to existing traffic it is the developer's responsibility to make improvements."
According the WECT, a traffic signal is planned for the shopping center in conjunction with the new McDonald's restaurant!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- SeeClickFix featured in Fast Company with clients ...
- The Saratogian Shares Community Question: Can Sara...
- WECT investigates traffic signal in NC
- Help improve an intersection in New Haven
- Bronx News Network integrates with SeeClickFix
- The Saratogian helps address dangerous intersectio...
- Civic Group Grows with SeeClickFix
- Open Web Platforms, Local Activists and the US Coa...
- Newberg loves citizen involvement -- so does SeeCl...
- Philly sets standards, provides feedback
- Local Community See, Click, Fixing
- Congratulations to Lincoln Chafee and Open Gov!
- Welcome, Roosevelt Island!
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)