We are currently experiencing server issues.
Thursday, October 24, 2013 - By Zack Beatty - No comments
Imagine walking down a street in and tripping on the sidewalk because the lifted root of a tree cracked the concrete. Or perhaps you stroll by a wall scribbled with graffiti or wander past a tree near a business center where thousands of wasps are ready to strike.
The City of will soon have a quick and easy fix for any problem that arises under its jurisdiction. Residents will have the chance to submit service requests instantaneously through a mobile application on a smartphone or tablet.
Councilmembers were happy with the new technology.
Councilmember Harry Schwarz joked that he was glad that the city technology has caught up with the gadgets and gismos kids use regularly.
“We’ve done so much to make it easier for people to become engaged with government,” Schwarz said. He envisions residents reporting snarled traffic, parking violations and other problems.
“Maybe there can be a happy button,” he joked. “We’ve really come into the 21st century.”Did someone say happy button? Coming right up, Harry! Meet our recently launched "Say Thanks" feature, which allows citizens to send positive feedback to the city, when an issue has been resolved.
Keep an eye on this blog for updates on the launch of Agoura Hills, and hopefully other communities in the greater Los Angeles area. Want to see your city adopt SeeClickFix? Show up at a city council meeting and ask them! Tell them about our civic mobile apps and management tools. Or make an introduction for us to any city employee, and we'd be happy to give them a platform demo.
UPDATE: They're live at www.ci.agoura-hills.ca.us/i-want-to/report-an-issue.
- SeeClickFix Launches a New Feature to Help States,...
- Closing the Loop
- Commonwealth Connect 9 Months Later
- Rebuilding Trust: A New Way to Think About the Soc...
- Millenials, Institutions, Government Shutdown, and...
- Gadgets, Gismos, and a Happy Button for Agoura Hil...
- Hello Holyoke! Welcome to the citizen engagement f...
- Government Procurement: An Optimist's View
- Government for The 21st Century - My TedX talk at ...
- This is Important: Your Neighbors are Awesome
- Longtime SeeClickFix Partner Lansing, MI Gets a Ni...
- September SeeClickFix Press Roundup!
- Now Offering: Verified Accounts for Government Rep...
- SeeClickFix Announced as Finalist in Financial Tim...
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)