We are currently experiencing server issues.
Monday, August 26, 2013 - By Zack Beatty - No comments
- The first 30 minutes will feature a brief presentation (speaker TBD) on a civic dataset and data visualization, followed by a Q&A.
- The remainder of the meetup will be an open format. This is not a hackathon: no demos, presentations or judging.
- This is a technology/language/platform/tool-agnostic meetup. Develop in/on anything.
- Designers are welcome, encouraged and needed! Think infographics, DataViz, etc.
- Theme: we encourage any type of civic-related hacking, such as projects that utilize the read/write #Open311 standard, #OpenData sources, or #OpenGov initiatives. Here are a few relevant datasets to get you started:
- U.S. Open Data portal (TONS of data)
- CT Open Data portal (federally mandated open Fiscal data)
- CT State Data Center
- CT Crash Data Repository
- There will be pizza & beer. NB: if you have gluten-free and vegan needs, please email me ahead of time.
Hope to see you there!
ps. Nice job catching the KRS-One reference in the title (famously sampled by Beastie Boys on "Alive").
- Bring it back, that old Civic Hack
- ICYMI: Official Announcement of SeeClickFix and Ch...
- Two (Awesome) New Members of the SeeClickFix Famil...
- SeeClickFix, Sinkholes & Stats
- Using SeeClickFix to Meet All of Your Workflow Man...
- The Open Source Path to Civic Geekdom
- Meet John: New Addition to the SeeClickFix Team!
- July SeeClickFix Shoutouts
- ▼ August (8)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)