Friday, November 16, 2012 - By Mike Cipressi - No comments
Hilton Collins at Government Technology writes on how SeeClickFix helped aid like Crisfield, MD during Hurricane Sandy. With emergency phone lines at their capacity, SeeClickFix helped alleviate the number of incoming calls by providing citizens with another channel for communicating storm related issues. With sites like the Huffington Post and local NBC sites hosting SeeClickFix Map Widgets, Crisfield and other affected communities were able to report sheltering needs that were monitored and managed by FEMA.Within weeks over 200 issues were submitted by Crisfield volunteers in helping clean their city. Read more here and view a time lapse of Sandy related issues as they were reported during the storm!
- ► 2013 (119)
- AARP recognizes SeeClickFix
- Surrey, BC Launches SeeClickFix!
- SeeClickFix featured in GSA webinar
- GovTech.com talks SeeClickFix Post-Sandy Relief Ef...
- SeeClickFix and Mind Mixer as Civic inspirations f...
- Polis interviews Ben Berkowitz
- Leveraging SeeClickFix Open Content for Hurricane ...
- Sandy Storm Damage visualization by Dan Bernier
- Volunteers, Local Governments and FEMA use the Int...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)