Friday, November 4, 2011 - By Megan - 2 comments
With Election Day just around the corner (read: Tuesday), Ivan Lajara (@ivanlajara) of the Kingston Daily Freeman recently discussed making an 'Election Day Problems Widget' using SeeClickFix. We thought this was such an interesting application of our technology and wanted to share it with you here. From long lines to glitchy machines, there's always something happening at your polling place. This year, keep both your neighbors and public officials informed about voting irregularities by publicly documenting them in real time. From news outlets to community organizations, anyone can create his or her very-own Election Day Map with a few easy clicks.
1. Go to SeeClickFix.com/widget and click "Generate a Map Widget Now!"
2. On the "Create a Map Widget" page, you'll be able to set the preferences for your widget from inputting the correct location to creating the desired widget dimensions. As Ivan states, you should make the primary tab the "Report Form" to encourage more individuals to submit voting issues.
- ► 2012 (121)
- SeeClickFix Wins Innovation Pipeline Award
- Registration open for inaugural SeeClickFix PhotoF...
- SubSeries Hosting Urban Design Event
- Help Us Monitor the Polls on Election Day
- Rock the Vote
- A Job Well Done
- Startup weekend - Put Your Time Where Your Mouth I...
- Reporting Neighborhood Nuisances Just A Click Away...
- ▼ November (8)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)