Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - By Ben Berkowitz - No comments
I was struck this week by the geographical distribution of the ten employees of SeeClickFix. In 5 days our small team has been spread over three continents and 10 events helping to spread the word about open government, greater civic participation and the platform that can make it happen.
Last week I attended #Picnic11 in Amsterdam as panelist in a conversation about civic platforms with IStrategy Labs, Code For America and the City of Boston. Today Megan leaves for Bogota, Columbia for her first trip out of the country to speak at Social Media Week Bogota. Kam participated in an event at MIT this weekend, attended an OSF event in NYC last night and is attending and Omidyar event today in NYC. I will be there as well but will also be attending the announcement of the historic Open Government Partnership at Google. Jeff Mooney is attending the International City Managers Association event in Wisconsin and Jason is brushing up on his mobile skills at the Appcelerator event in San Diego. To round out the week I leave for Boulder, CO tomorrow where I will be graciously hosted by the Mayor of Boulder for the Meeting of The Minds event.
SeeClickFix entered the double digit head count this month with the hire of Dan Bernier, our new Rails Engineer. It's weeks like this that remind us how much reach a small team can have with such a powerful platform.
Keep Hustlin' Team!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- TGIF(ixed): Let there be light!
- Marshall Adopts New Citizen Reporting Tool for Com...
- Street Fight Summit
- Shift & Reset (and go to this workshop!)
- From Frustrating to Fixed - Let's Smarten Up the R...
- Everyday We're Hustlin...
- TGIF(ixed): The Driveway Dilemma
- Trash, Weeds and TVs: An Epic Community Cleanup
- SeeClickFix Integrates with Boston Open 311
- Mobile Apptastic: iPhone 2.4.0 Release
- This Weekend in Westville: Clean up the West River...
- TGIF(ixed): Neighbors helping neighbors
- City of Leduc Develops 'Transportation Master Plan...
- Reporting Complaints Now A Click Away
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)