Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - By Ben Berkowitz - No comments
Its a good sign for Open Government when Gubernatorial Candidates start speaking the gospel.
Lincoln Chafee, independent candidate for Governor, today announced that as Governor he will issue an Executive Order on Open Government, through which he will implement a plan to utilize modern information technologies to make government services easier to use, government operations more transparent, and government more efficient overall.
Chafee’s Executive Order will also set standards on the quality and accessibility of government information, ensuring that high-quality information is shared both internally within government, and externally between government and citizens.
On the plans are user friendliness of the State website and easier access to public information. Specifically Chafee intends to implement SeeClickFix for neighborhood problem solving as well as Govloop for connecting to Gov peers in other States.
To kick off the campaign supporters in Providence are organizing a SeeClickFix Storm to start documenting neighborhood concerns sponsored by Chafee for Governor.
Full press release here: http://www.chafeeforgovernor.com/2010/10/chafee_announce_2.php
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- Speedy Cleanup at Intersection in Albuquerque
- Leaning Stop Sign and Graffiti Fixed in Providence...
- The Saratogian works to improve dangerous intersec...
- NYC Heat Watch
- Mission Accomplished
- Traffic Light Trouble in Hamden
- Mayoral Hopeful Touts SeeClickFix in Toronto
- Innovation and Open Government in Toronto
- Words of wisdom on orchestrating a 'SeeClickFix St...
- Senator From Guam Utilizes SeeClickFix
- Manor.Govfresh video starring Kam!
- An overdue welcome to Daniel from the rest of the ...
- Bus Stop Gets Makeover, With School Spirit!
- Storm Warning
- Running Stop Signs? Not in Greenbriar
- Pothole problem resolved with WBTV investigation
- Making Infrastructure Work
- See, Click, Fix Oberlin Ave. in Ohio
- RI Independent Gubernatorial Candidate runs on Ope...
- A welcome to Assistant Fire Chief Pat Egan and a b...
- Comparing Health data to engaged SeeClickFix commu...
- SCF aims to help Hurricane Karl destruction in Ver...
- Hyperlocal Blog in Chicago Embeds SeeClickFix
- A little bit of paint is all it took, in Guam
- SeeClickFixing Dangerous Intersection in Seattle
- SeeClickFixer Spotlight: Cooper Morrow
- SeeClickFix To Attend Macrowikinomics Discovery Da...
- From Potholes to Graffiti: A Primer to Eric Case's...
- WBTV of Charlotte Helps Acknowledge Faded Road Mar...
- ▼ October (29)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)