Friday, September 24, 2010 - By Ben Berkowitz - No comments
In a conversation on engagement and building community in local news at Block by Block we started to hash out a formula for engagement in local news.
Abstracting the concept of SeeClickFix one level Jay Rosen, David Cohn the group and myself came up with an algorithm:
1) Find frustration (or another passionate emotion)
2) Make an easy place to document that emotion (Jay suggests a form. SeeClickFix and David Cohn do too!)
3) Make sure to provide a feedback loop to encourage continued and deeper engagement
I had never really thought about abstracting the principles of SeeClickFix that make it a functional platform but it seems that they apply to Spot.us as well as local news organizations that successfully drive participation.
In regards to a positive feedback loop we dove a little deeper and provided examples as:
1) Support from community through comments
2) Resolution to the issue by exposing it publicly
3) Documenting it through Journalism
To follow block by block #bxb2010
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- New Lights on Court Street Bridge
- Government 2.0 and Community News in Chicago
- From pedestrian safety to a safer community - Woos...
- Frustration Documentation and Feedback
- We go back to the basics, say thank you
- SeeClickFix Helps a Fishy Situation
- WECT News of Wilmington Integrates SeeClickFix
- Mashing Up Local Texas Government
- Huffington Post Game Changer in Technology (WE NEE...
- Sharing Innovation in Providence at BIF 6
- SeeClickFix at the Knight-Batten Awards for Innova...
- I ♥ Delhi
- ▼ September (12)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)