Monday, January 18, 2010 - By Nicole D'Andrea - No comments
Albuqerque, New Mexico, quintessentially demonstrates exactly what SeeClickfix was created for: To join the public sector, the private sector, and the media.
The Albuquerque-based KRQE recently did a news feature about SeeClickFix and how it has been helping everyone in the community for over a year, but found more success as site traffic recently began to grow.
The KRQE interviewd a myriad of residents who were using SeeClickFix to report everything from traffic problems to overflowing garbage bins to environmental concerns. And they also made sure to find out exactly how the local 311 was helping to field these issue requests.
311 Division Manager Esther Tenenbaum, who has been familiar with SeeClickFix since it launched in Albuquerque, said she was very happy with the way the site was working for her department and the citizens of Albuqerque.
Her 311 department is planning to train at least one dozen managers to answer and respond to issues posted on SeeClickFix. As of now, Tenenbaum delegates out issue complaints to appropriate departments to handle.
The citizens agree that Tenenbaum and her staff are doing their jobs as promised. In fact, one resident reported that his issue was fixed within 30 minutes of posting it.
See the whole news story from KRQU below.
Also this week, the Albuquerque Journal joined SeeClickFix as a media partner and residents can report issues from their website.
"I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque!" Bugs Bunny
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- New Yorkers Get What New Yorkers Want
- Tucson Gets its Groove
- Our Roots
- Albuquerque Embraces SeeClickFix
- Using SeeClickFix to solve storm water problems | ...
- Expanding the Issue
- YpsiNews Lookin' Good
- City of Manor 2.0
- From Bulgaria With Love II
- Landlords, the heat is on
- Distributed 311 for Distributed Governance
- SeeClickFix is now embedded in the Capitol Hill Se...
- New Media Partners
- From Bulgaria With Love
- Winter Woes
- SeeClickFix Pro and the New York Times
- We Media Miami March 2009
- Communication, Communication
- SeeClickFix Helping NJ Hyperlocals
- SeeClickFix First: Issue makes NPR Story
- ▼ January (20)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)