Monday, October 5, 2009 - By Ben Berkowitz - No comments
The period between October 1 and May 31 is designated as Heat Season. During this time, the City requires building owners to provide tenants with heat according to the following rules:
* Between the hours of 6:00 AM and 10:00 PM, if the outside temperature falls below 55 degrees, the inside temperature must be at least 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Between the hours of 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM, if the temperature outside falls below 40 degrees, the inside temperature must be at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
HeatWatchNYC is taking reports on their website: http://heatwatchnyc.org using the SeeClickFix widget.
While there's no reports yet (we're having a nice fall here up East) it will be interesting to see how this group uses SeeClickFix to advocate for tenant rights.
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- Media as the 4th branch of government: the #gov20 ...
- The City Fix gets the DC ANC's Clicking and Fixing...
- While Captain Jack Patrols the streets those with ...
- New COMPACT SeeClickFix Text Widget - Cute enough...
- How to Web Enable Your Town in 6 Minutes
- Philly 311 and IdleFreePhilly both responding to C...
- SeeClickFix on Good Magazine's Homepage
- The Participatory Divide
- iPhone 3.1 upgrade affecting many applications
- Finding Allies on the platform - PDF, Open Cities,...
- SeeClickFix adds ads
- 25,000 Towns Just Launched On SeeClickFix
- Keep and eye on NYC landlords with Heat Watch and ...
- Transportation gets Clicked and Fixed? - New Haven...
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2008 (62)