Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - By Kevin Donohue - No comments
Government Sales Associate
Location: New Haven, CT
SeeClickFix uses the power of public and distributed communication via the web to bring citizens closer to their local government and each other. Through partnerships with local media, governments and social user features SeeClickFix has spread all over the United States and is starting to spread internationally. The SeeClickFix platform reaches millions of eyeballs each month and consists of content contributed by hundreds of thousands of users. . .and the party is just getting started.
As a Government Sales Associate you will be selling our customized cloud-based government software suite to local governments around the world. SeeClickFix sees signs that the market for social and open communication systems between citizens and their governments is growing rapidly. SeeClickFix continues to be the only company filling this market in a way that truly meets all of the feature demands from both citizens and governments. Amongst the products you will be selling are customized smart phone applications and facebook applications that allow citizens to report problems in their communities as well as tools for tracking those requests. Check out our website or smartphone apps for examples of what we do best and also http://www.seeclickfix.com/government to learn a bit about our software.
This position is for full-time employment, on-site at our office in downtown New Haven, CT. You will join a team that has more than doubled in size over the last year to 11 full-time employees.
What We're Looking For:
The right person for the job will have a few years experience in sales. We are more interested in a record of top performance in your industry than your experience selling cloud based software to government, but the latter is definitely a plus. While you don't have to have worked at a start-up previously you need to be prepared to work at a start-up. What does this mean? Start-up culture and SeeClickFix culture is one of dedication to the community over everything else. You must be prepared to carry weight for others and take on tasks outside of your typical responsibilities when needed. You need to be ready to be as important to the organization as the founders. SeeClickFix's hierarchy is flat and everyone in the office is part of the decision making process. Sales Associates are involved in conversations about features and have a say in matters related to the platform.
Most importantly we want you be really really ridiculously smart and fun. We also really want you to care about civic engagement, stronger neighborhoods and more efficient governments and be willing to make the cold calls, emails and even show up at a door to enable this through the sale of our software.
The ideal Sales Associate will be:
• Aggressive and self motivated. A real bulldog when it comes to making cold calls, arranging in person meetings and sending cold emails.
• Well spoken and confident.
• Interest in free and paid cloud software either in personal or professional use
• A high performing track record in a previous sales role
• A sense of humor in the office and with our clients
Desire to exceed monthly goals and work partly on commission
• Used SeeClickFix and has an understanding of the way the tool works
• A bachelor's degree or be Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg
Bonus Traits for brownie points:
-Fast hands on the Ping Pong table
-Likes bicycles more than cars
-A user profile on SeeClickFix with over 200 civic points
How We're Different
Join a growing startup team that is connecting 100,000's of citizens to each other and their local Government international and currently in 12 different languages. Our data feeds are distributed by hundreds of media partners who use the data to inform readers and hold government accountable. SeeClickFix is a revenue generating and is backed by Venture funds founded by the founder of Ebay, Pierre Omidyar and the Prophet of Silicon Valley, Tim O'Reilly
Come join us in remaking the user interface to government. Power to the community!
We believe treating our employees right is important to doing great work. Here are the benefits we're offering right now:
- Competitive Salary with commission on sales
- Equity -- Everyone who works here owns a bit of the company's success
- Health insurance benefits
- Three weeks paid time off
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ben@SeeClickFix.com.
- ► 2013 (119)
- We're Hiring!
- Too lazy?
- Harsimus Cove Association makes use of SeeClickFix...
- SeeClickFixin' with Open311 in Toronto
- Growing the Team...Again
- Rural Community Offers Big City Technology
- WIS-TV Hits the Streets with SeeClickFix
- Oakland Releases Mobile App to Report A Problem
- Sparking Inspiration with SeeClickFix
- What Civil Society Can Learn from Social Web
- New Community Manager Introduction
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2011 (205)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)