Thursday, July 7, 2011 - By Emma - No comments
Citizens waiting at a bus stop in Charlotte, NC weren't alone in needing a lift recently. After seeing an electrical cable hanging dangerously low near the corner of Cedar and Trade, a concerned WBTV News 3 viewer reported the problem through a SeeClickFix map widget on our media partner's site. Citizen reporter Dan M. wrote:
Why has a power line been allowed to droop dangerously low at Cedar and Trade? This has been in this condition for more than a week!!! A 5 foot tall lady at the bus stop could easily grab it.
|Before: A Cable Close Call|
|After: Out of Reach Thanks to WBTV!|
"I am glad WBTV is out here Channel 3. I look at your news and I'm glad you're out here trying to do something for us,"We're glad too!
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- TGIF(ixed): Client Edition
- Next Generation Democracy
- SeeClickFix: The Cure for the Common Internship
- Swampscott Empowers Residents with New Reporting T...
- Everybody Get On The Bus!
- Making Our Local Governments Efficient and Effecti...
- Getting Digital with the JRC
- Case Closed for a Low Hanging Cable
- Accountability for All
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)