Monday, June 13, 2011 - By Emma - No comments
Columbia Waterfront Neighborhood Association (CoWNA) member Brad Kerr had a neighbor with a seemingly simple request: a bike rack in front of his home. Realizing that the lack of racks was widespread in their neighborhood, Brad spearheaded an effort to bring more bike parking to the Columbia Waterfront last year. Brad's research on how to fix an issue for his neighbor ended up empowering him to fix the issue for the entire neighborhood! After speaking with Dave Abraham from Transportation Alternatives and SeeClickFix bike rack expert Dan Latorre, he learned while it was a hard mission to accomplish it wasn't impossible.
|SEE: An empty sidewalk in need of a bike rack|
|CLICK: CoWNA organized a team to hit the streets and map locations for bike racks using the SeeClickFix mobile app|
|FIX: One of many bike racks recently installed in the Columbia Waterfront Neighborhood!|
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- And the Winner is...
- Southern Connecticut State University Becomes Inau...
- Growing the Team. Building The Neighborhood.
- Stonington Will Use SeeClickFix to Address Residen...
- Fall in Love with Reporting Issues
- Making Houston Great
- Drumroll, Please!
- Trees, please!
- SeeClickFix on Al Jazeera's 'The Stream'
- A Bike-Friendly Fix in Brooklyn
- SeeClickFix Battle Royale: Omidyar v. OATV
- They're Number 1!
- SeeClickFix Turns Clients into Comedians
- Age-Friendly Cities are a Timeless Idea
- Hartford Goes Hi-Tech With Resident Reporting Tool...
- SeeClickFix for Safer Roads
- SubSeries Announces Partnership with SeeClickFix
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)