Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - By Ben Berkowitz - No comments
Saturday night I was a passenger in a car that was halted on Chapel Street in New Haven behind a couple of cars who were attending to something on the side of the road.
When we finally were able to see what was causing the hold up we realized that there were some people checking out a stray pitbull on a leash.
We decided to let them assist but I quickly posted the loose dog on SeeClickFix in hopes that the owner might find it.
The ensuing response from neighbors was really amazing including two who actually went out and took a look for the dog.
When we are connected and informed we are safer and stronger as a community. Its always exciting to reap the benefits of a tool you helped to create.
This is why I love SeeClickFix.
- ► 2013 (119)
- ► 2012 (121)
- From dirty to clean in a click
- The Washington Post gripes about fallen trees
- Brandon Jackson - App Developer/Super Star
- Dangerous building demolished with help of Pontiac...
- An SCF 1ST: Media pays for Citizen to Government C...
- SeeClickFix iPhone app 2.0 Released
- Loose Pitbulls and Community that gives a damn.
- Omidyar Network and O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures Br...
- The Ultimate Snowstorm Tool: SeeClickFix
- Kondratick running on "streamlined government" pla...
- Vancouver Downtown Ambassadors are on fire!
- Clifton's "Mayor Jim" connects with citizens on Se...
- The "Idea Greenhouse" Is SeeClickFix-ing In Downto...
- Ben Berkowitz fixing community problems one click ...
- Reposted from GovFresh: A proactive snow strategy ...
- Getting ready for pothole season
- ▼ January (16)
- ► 2010 (264)
- ► 2009 (134)
- ► 2008 (62)